Monday, August 22, 2005

I need a social director

Most days I stay home and lament the fact that most of my friends live far away and we don't keep in touch as much as we should. That is not the case today. I signed on to AIM last night under TR's name (we have a few mutual friends that are on his buddy list and I'm too lazy to add them to mine) and a friend of ours that lives on the other side of the country sent a message. I told him it was me and that TR was out of town with work. We chatted for quite a while and it turns out that he and his new wife (they've been married a week) are in town. He invited me to go out with them tonight (to somewhere TR and I agreed to always go to together) and invited me to the Open House his parents are throwing on Sat. His parents and most of his old friends live here so with the exception of a few people, this will be the first chance for some to celebrate their marriage.

Now I already decided not to go on tonight's adventure (see above agreement with husband), but I will definitely be going Saturday. This guy has tried multiple times to do this marriage thing (never quite making it to the altar) and has finally gotten it right. We met the girl several months ago and thought, "wow, he finally found a good one."

Also in town this week is the girl who was my best friend my last two years of high school. She lives on the east coast so I don't often see her either. She sent me an email a few days ago about getting together.

I ran into another girl I was good friends with in school (see: Friend, or not to Friend?) the other night while shopping for yard sale supplies and she suggested maybe getting together for lunch on Tuesday.

Oh yeah, and a friend who lives a few hours north will be in town for the weekend.

Suddenly I've gone from bored at home to trying to figure out how to fit everyone into my schedule. When it rains, it pours...

No comments: