Why is it that the narrators of documentaries try to convince you (through the inflection and tone of their voices) that whatever boring subject they are talking about is the most fascinating thing in the world? I mean, really, while people might be curious about how aircraft carriers are made and when they were invented, they aren't likely to get ecstatic about it. Are they? This of course is based on the fascinating show my husband has been watching for the last 45 minutes, so maybe I should ask him. He doesn't look all that excited about it though...
Four year olds are perhaps the most attention hungry age group I've ever encountered. Munchkin can not take a step without begging you to watch him do it. Sigh... some days I feel like a studio audience in that show with purple dinosaur. God, I hate that thing!
Money sucks! I sat here and figured up my monthly bills today and realized two things: 1) I hate money, and 2) I don't want to be a grown up anymore. While neither of these are very healthy attitudes, I'm come to a good solution- using my amazing capacity for scientific discovery (don't laugh at me damn it) I will invent a time machine that A) allows me to go back to a time when other people paid all my bills, and B) will become a viable source of income as I will sell time trips to others wanting to return to a better time. Sounds feasible doesn't it? It shouldn't be that difficult...
My toes are numb (it's 67 degrees in here) and my ankle is swelling so I guess I should curl up on the couch with my foot up (as I was ordered to do and have not yet done) and watch some boring television (alien documentary anyone?)
No comments:
Post a Comment