Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I'm only slightly strange...

Every night, and even sometimes during the day, there are two tv channels you can find me watching. It drives my husband crazy, but since he hogs the computer, I figure he can just deal with it! So there.

Before I share with you my favorite channels, let me give you some background on my life. My mother, when I was young, was a shopaholic. Since she worked most of the time she became a frequent customer on the Home Shopping Channel. She bought jewelry (lots of jewelry!), dolls, housewares, etc... It was on at our house a lot.

That being said, I am less of a shopper (hate to do it in fact) but find myself drawn to a similar category of program. On a slightly larger scale. In my defense, I have never purchased anything from a shopping network. Yet.

My two favorite nighttime channels? The Gem Shopping Channel and Jewelry Television. You should see the stuff they sell on those channels! Gemstones bigger than my head! The most gaudy jewelry you'll see this side of Estée Lauder. $50k items are all in a night's programming. It boggles the mind!

It makes you wonder... who are these people that pick up the phone at 2am and say, "yeah, give me the $92k ring please. Oh, and the $5k rock the size of a pin head, too." If I had that kind of money, I'd like to think I could find something better to spend it on.... but maybe not.

No comments: