Dear Mom,I would like to pretend that if you were still here things would be different; that we wouldn't butt heads over asinine things, that we would finally see eye to eye on parenting, and that we would be friends. But I know it wouldn't be that way.
We would still argue about everything, you would still think that I'm too much of a "free-spirited hippie," and I would still be complaining about how many more rules I had than my younger sisters. And you know what? I would be okay with that.
Because even if we fought all the time, you'd still be here. You would be there to answer my questions, give me advice, and just hug me when things got rough. I never realized just how much I still needed you until you were gone.
I miss you Mommy, and I love you. I wish you a Happy Mother's Day. It's just not the same without you.
Love Always,
Katrina
No comments:
Post a Comment