So at 10:30pm the other night I look over at TR and say, "I want to rearrange the living room." Meaning of course, that I wanted him to lift and carry our various furniture around while I supervised.
And because he knew I was nuts when he married me, and likes to humor me, he stood up and said, "Okay, what goes where?"
So for several hours we (he) moved things around. A bookshelf from the bedroom came downstairs (TR got to help it down). Two crappy tables combined into a pretty nice end table (with the help of TR's drill). My filing cabinet came back upstairs next to the computer (the same filing cabinet he hauled to the basement just a few short months ago) so that I could file away all the papers that have been accumulating.
I think WE did a great job, and I'm happy with the way it turned out. I have so much more room to work with my scrapbooks and photos, and we can actually get to our table to eat with out bumping into other furniture.
The next day (Friday, I think) I decided that I wanted to sand the white (yuck!) paint off our dresser and stain it to match the curio cabinet my grandfather made me. So it came downstairs (TR helped) and I started that project. Sanding makes your arms tired! So, it's about a 1/4 of the way sanded and sitting in the living room waiting to be finished.
In the middle of that project I decided that the several months worth of filing that were sitting in a laundry basket needed to be dealt with. So after many hours sitting on the floor sorting, I got them all into the filing cabinet that had reappeared next to my desk. Yea me!
While sorting through the basket, I came across all the receipts for TR's work-related expenses (woo- hoo! Can you say tax- deductions?) and decided to organize those into a spreadsheet.
Yes, I said spreadsheet. Anyone who knew me prior to 2001 will be reeling from the shock of me filing AND creating organizational spreadsheets voluntarily. But I have become quite the organized clean freak. Scary isn't it?
What else? I scrubbed the kitchen cabinets this evening. They looked a little grungy (they're white) so I figured they could use a bath.
I love the way TR and work together to get menial things done. Granted, most of the household chores fall to me since I'm the one that's here all the time, but when he's home he helps out. He unloads the dishwasher, I reload it. I'm horribly picky about the way it gets loaded. He takes out the trash and vacuums. He carries the laundry up and down the stairs (I won't let him do laundry) after I've washed it (I have terrible problems with my back- I've been told that removing my tailbone might help, but that's never gonna happen) and helps fold and put it all away. Granted, he doesn't fold the towels right, but he tries.
I know I turned a boring, rambling post about chores into a sappy "I love my husband" story, but I figure you all are used to that by now. If not, tough!
No comments:
Post a Comment