Monday, March 12, 2007

12 Steps...

Is there a 12 step program for bad bloggers? If so, sign me up. A whole month? Good grief.

Time to play catch up again...

I now have 28 days until our newest sprout is due. I am so ready to not be pregnant.

I attended the first of two baby showers on Saturday. It was fun, but by the end I was exhausted and more than ready to come home and go to bed.

I had to call the Midwife on call Saturday night because my feet and legs had swelled to the point where I had no ankles and could not get my shoes on. Kinda scary considering they've never swelled even a little before. I was told to keep my feet elevated and drink lots of water. Also, to call back if they didn't get any better or I started experiencing blurred vision or headaches. Thankfully by Sunday afternoon I mostly had ankles again.

Munchkin is anxious to be a big brother. He counts down the days and was practicing diapering on a teddy bear this morning.

TR is anxious to be daddy. He gets all misty-eyed and has been seen conversing with my stomach. Of course, as soon as he starts talking in the same room, the baby starts rolling around and kicking me, so I'm guessing the affection is pretty much mutual.

I had to have a 3rd ultrasound because there was concern that the baby had flipped over again and was now head up instead of head down. Thankfully she is head down.

I finished her "bedroom" in our closet. I have yet to take pictures. As soon as I do, I'll get them up here.

I realized that my due date is the day after Easter. This of course sent me into a panic which prompted early Easter basket shopping. I was convinced that Munchkin would be forever scarred if he not only got stuck with a new baby, but also got forgotten by the Easter bunny while mommy was at the hospital with the new baby. Of course now that I'm prepared, she won't come anywhere near Easter. Such is life.

I am attempting to get my house cleaned and organized before the baby comes. Notice the word "attempting."

I have been trying to make plans for Munchkin for when I have to be at the hospital. Unfortunately, this hard to do since the "when" is unknown. I'm gonna have to come up with several plans to fit a number of possible time situations. Blah.

We did pick out a name for the baby. No we haven't told anyone. For some reason this tends to piss people off. It's our kid, get over it. You'll know her name when she's here and you need to use it.

I have my hospital bag packed except for the few things that I use frequently like my contacts and the camera. I have the baby's bag packed too. Munchkin also gets a bag full of fun "I'm a bored big brother that has to sit at the hospital and listen to people ooh and ahh over a small, shriveled, old man- looking, baby that doesn't do anything fun," activities and toys. Also, candy.

I think that's about it. I will update again before the baby comes- unless she comes really early.

No comments: