Tuesday, March 20, 2007

20 days and counting...

So I have twenty days to go officially. While the convenience of April 9 is not to be disputed (it falls within Munchkin's spring break so I wouldn't have to worry about him getting to school) I am seriously hoping that it doesn't take that long. According to everything I've read, anytime after 37 weeks (that was yesterday) the baby is considered to be full term. Which means, in theory, that she can come out now. Or possibly next week.

Next week would probably be better. Munchkin has strep throat this week. I took him to the doctor yesterday for a sore throat and vomiting and within 10 minutes of swabbing his throat they had confirmed it was strep. Woo hoo. As a person who has had strep more times than I could even begin to count, I braced myself for the excitement of being both very pregnant and very sick. Since his symptoms showed up Saturday night, and he was given an antibiotic shot (no meds cause of the vomiting) yesterday, hopefully I'm in the clear (knock on wood!) and won't end up with it.

I finally got the downstairs bathroom cleaned up today. It's the one people will have to use if they come to visit after the baby comes and I have no desire to clean it up after having just given birth. So, I locked it from the inside and it will stay that way until she comes. A few people have asked why I don't just have TR clean it later. The short answer is: a boy version of a clean bathroom is not appropriate for use by the in laws or anyone not accustomed to using an outhouse- like facility. Also, living with two males makes cleaning the bathroom an adventure anyway. It's best for all involved if I just contain them to the upstairs for the next couple of weeks.

If you were a brand new baby sock and had been washed, only to turn up missing- where would you be?

Saturday TR and I packed the car full of blankets and pillows (and I do mean packed- 10 pillows, a body pillow, 3 comforters, 5-6 blankets, and assorted sheets, pillowcases, and mattress pads) and headed to the laundromat. I do have a washer and dryer here, but most of our blankets and such don't fit well and end up getting ripped so I always wash them elsewhere. The sheets, which get washed much more frequently, went along simply because I had no desire t o come home and wash more laundry later in the day. Approximately 3 hours and $60 in quarters later, all of the bedding in our house is clean and fresh.

Saturday night TR and Lola went to a St. Patty's thing at one of her friends homes. She dropped his mildly (or not so mildly) intoxicated self off shortly before 1am. While I'm glad he had a good time and didn't get into any trouble (always a minor concern with my crazy husband) I realized that sending your husband off to drink with another woman, no matter how long you've been friends with her (very nearly 17 years) is not a good idea when you are 8 months pregnant and hormones are putting the whammy on your emotional state.

I organized the linen closet, did laundry, started a sewing project, watched Survivor online, and played countless games of computer solitaire all the while imagining all the worst case scenarios of them being out. I think they were joining some freaky sex cult in my mind when he finally got home. Ugh. Pregnant crazy is a whole lot worse than my regular crazy.

I'm off to find a lost sock and load the dishwasher. Blah.


1 comment:

Laura Perez said...

I am now HOOTING in laughter....if i was goinig to join a crazy sex cult why would i take the walking rug with me? and next time (like you'll let me) i will bring him home passed out....(at 4! a.m.) wearing a backwards pink sports bra...(you know in case there is a crazy drunken exercise cult around) HOOT HOOT HOOT !!!!!