- Sleeping through the night on the day she was born (Midnight to 6am)
- Trouble with digesting milk protein which led to:
- Having tummy x-rays taken
- Having blood work done
- Having her formula switched to one with pre-digested proteins (YUM!)
- Spending a week on the above mentioned formula only to discover she also has a fairly serious milk allergy which causes:
- Infant acne
- Wheezing
- Stomach pain
- Gas
- Spitting up
- Crying
- General fussiness
- Being switched to a specialty formula that has to be ordered through a pharmacy and costs nearly $40 a can
- Rolling from her stomach to her back (yesterday!)
In other news... it's also been discovered that I am allergic to the Princess. Okay not her, but the laundry soap her clothes are washed in (Dreft). So, along with having a fussy baby and very little sleep, I am also covered in hives from just below my ribs to behind my ears. All in all, not a very attractive sight at the moment.
Munchkin likes his baby sister, but is still unimpressed with the fact that she can't do anything yet. He does like to show her off, and wants to wear his "I'm the big brother" shirts as soon as they come out of the laundry.
Her Royal Highness is proclaiming it lunchtime so I've got to go before my eardrums start bleeding (this child would give the Banshees a run for their money)... more soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment