This week is a busy one for us. Munchkin graduates from kindergarten tomorrow. I had to go find something nice for him to wear because he has outgrown everything he has. He has a picnic with his class on Thursday so I've been trying to figure out what he can pack in his lunch since he's pickier than I am when it comes to food.
Graduation is at 9:30 in the morning so my husband can't get out of work for it. Which means I have to get up and get Munchkin to the bus by 8am, run home and get myself and the Princess ready to leave by 8:45 so we can be at the school early enough to get a seat. Then, an hour plus in an un-air conditioned gym (it's supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow) with 80 kids and their parents, grandparents, etc... All with a 2 month old baby that can't handle the heat. Yea.
Then, at 4pm I have a volunteer reception to go to at the school and have to take both kids- again, by myself. Not such a big deal except that neither one will probably get a nap with the graduation and various visiting family members.
On top of the various end-of- school stuff, I'm in a cleaning frenzy because TR's aunt is coming Saturday to meet the baby for the first time. I feel like I'm awaiting inspection. Seriously, do people with small children really have perfect houses?
I was going to participate in the town-wide yard sale this weekend and get rid of some crap from the basement, but it doesn't look like I'm gonna get to do that. Sigh. We have a baseball game Friday night too, so it's not likely I'm gonna want to get up early and do any more work on Saturday.
I swear I'm getting a job (at least on the weekends) just so I can get regularly scheduled breaks.
Off to wash the new "Graduation outfit." I'll post pics tomorrow from the festivities. If I get a chance to sit down.
2 comments:
What are you talking about? Totally pink. All over!
And I hate it... that's the point. :)
Post a Comment