Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Shhh...you don't see me!

Okay, it's been established in the past, but I will admit it once again: I suck at blog updates, correspondence, and contact with the outside world in general.

That said, I'm here now so enjoy it while it lasts.

What's new here? The Princess (currently giving her daddy a stern talking-to over matters of couch real estate)
is 1 now and walks all over the place. Also, she climbs like a freaking monkey on speed. Sigh. We've only had one trip to the ER though, so we're doing good I think.

As a side note, should you have to take a one year old to the ER at 2am with a giant blue lump in the middle of her forehead (wearing pajamas which have a questionable date of previous washing), be prepared for angry stares and questions in accusatory tones. Double sigh.

We have 3 days of 1st grade left. Hooray for summer vacation! Mostly, mom just doesn't wanna get out of bed at 7am anymore.

I've officially been married to my own personal PITA for 3 years now. It's nice and I wouldn't trade him, but it's still weird sometimes that it's HIM. Guess you'd have to know the history to understand. He gave me a very pretty ring (that I picked out) and he got some sort of geeky gadgetry (that he sorta picked out but was still totally surprised by) that makes my head hurt to try and look at.

My basement now smells like teenage girl. Ugh. Junior is living down there (or rather, her stuff is since she's seldom seen) this summer while home from college.

Morgan graduated from Purdue 2 weeks ago, is engaged, and is moving to Atlanta by the end of June. If the poor girl doesn't have a breakdown by the end of the year I'll be surprised.

I just realized the links to my "Who people are" post is gone, so no one has a clue who I'm talking about...guess I'll have to fix that.

I've been taking lots of photos lately...even considered a photography class. A friend of mine (as well as several of the baseball moms) think I should be attempting to market my photo skills. I don't think I'm quite ready for that, but maybe someday.

Alright, I'm boring me... out for now. And of course, a recent photo to tide you all over till I decide to come back again. From a recent trip to the park:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't catch the PITA reference, but that's okay. Good to know you haven't dropped off the planet. You should post some more pictures. The ones you've put up have been very good.

Kat said...

Pain In The Ass... too much time in bitchy scrapbook lady websites, sorry. =)

And thank you, I'm loving my photos lately. (Wow, that was modest wasn't it?) I'd post more if I wasn't so lazy. My camera takes nice photos, but the file sizes are GIANT, so they all have to be resized before I can post them.

Anonymous said...

So... this might not be the best place to put this, but I seem to have lost your phone numbers again...

We're going to be up in Cincy Monday to Saturday if you want to hang out?

You know my parent's number by memory still, I trust? Or you can call my cell if you've still got it.

Osbasso said...

Well, since you're such a GOOD blogger, I don't feel quite so bad for not having been by in awhile! Sounds like things are going well though!

She is SO cute!