Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A long, long time ago...

...I started a blog. I had the best intentions of using it as a journal and updating it often. Yeah. Apparently I severely underestimated the levels of procrastinating and lazy to which I can sink. Blah. Now my goal is to post when I happen to remember I have a blog and not feel offended by my husband asking "are you blogging? Wow!"

Two weeks ago I decided that since we are flat broke (and I mean broke like scrounging up $11 in change to buy caffeine and nicotine for my husband before I kill him for being an unbearable ass as he withdraws from his remaining addictions, broke) and have two kids to come up with Christmas presents for, that I would make a bunch of presents this year. At this point you are no doubt remembering my aforementioned lazy procrastination and laughing at me. Don't worry, the husband did the same thing. One week ago he said, "you so aren't going to make presents." The 10 year old boy part of my brain took that as a double-dog dare and decided to prove him wrong.

In the last 5 days I have made: a set of photo tile coasters for my mother in law, a bouquet of a felt flowers and a multi-colored vase to keep them in for my sister (I need another set of these for my youngest sister- that's next on the list), a year in pictures CD complete with photo index, date and activity list and a pretty origami CD holder (to be duplicated for multiple faraway relatives), AND I have started on a family scrapbook album for my husband's grandmother.

I will post pictures as soon as I remember to recharge the camera battery...

Here are a couple photos from our fall activities. I made a good portion of the princess costume.





No comments: