Meet Gary (fat fish 2nd from left) and the Fish Guys (the rest). TR gave me this aquarium for Christmas (you have to love a man who buys you presents you actually want) and December 26 I bought two fish. Gary (fatty) and an angelfish. Sadly, the angelfish lasted less than two weeks. We bought some other random fish that died even more quickly- so quickly that I don't even remember what they were. Then we found the Fish Guys. Three each of Red- eyed Tetras and bleeding heart tetras. This fascinating group has managed to coexist peacefully (mostly- a little fin nipping never hurt anyone) for almost 5 months. The rocks in the tank were originally a blue mix with some turquoise in it. Last week when I decided to clean the tank (it was time- believe me) I had to get new rocks. I decided Gary needed a change of scenery and went with red. The large rock (replacing a plain white one) is fluorescent pink. Pink. The group seems to love it. I do not. I dislike pink...Pink is my least favorite color. I don't wear pink- I think I have 3 articles of clothing that are pink. They collect dust in the closet. Why the distaste? Because I am not a girly girl. I associate pink with the prissy pom- pom crowd. The "I am a weak little girl, please protect me" group. I am none of those things. Besides, who wants to go around looking like a cotton candy machine exploded on them? Not me!
I briefly used (though strangely enough, not sexually) a man who was obsessed with me. He wanted to be the "protector" and "take care of me." I was not interested in this arrangement, but I played it to my advantage. I own an inordinately large amount of black clothing. Once in a great while I would wear a pink shirt (I had baby pink angora sweater[yuck!] that did the trick) and the poor man would just break down. I swear he would actually cry over me wearing pink. Turns out that he saw my pink as a sign I was softening emotionally and opening up. HA! What is it with men anyway? Pink! It was just a shirt.
Why is my blog pink? Am I opening up? Am I softening in my old age (25 is a quarter of a century)? I think not. I chose pink simply cause I hate it. Crazy, I know. But then, that's the point isn't it?
1 comment:
I don't hate pink, but it is not one of my favorites. It's scary, but I totally understand the "I hate pink so my blog is pink" thing. I'll have to come back to visit and enjoy more of your madness. I like that in a person.
Post a Comment