His birthday is October 7 (which conviently falls on a Friday this year!) and I (as well as TR who will sadly be out of town) have been invited to join in the festivities! Not sure what those will end up being, but I have heard a college soccer game followed by ?????'s. The ?????'s are the part of the evening that will require a designated driver. Do you know how surreal it is to be invited somewhere by your stepmother that will require a DD? I felt so grown up!
Not that I have your typical stepmother, no way! Glenda (we'll call her that cause I can't think of any fictional stepmothers that are fun and nice, so the good witch of the north seems the closest) is the type of person that every kid wishes they get when their parents split and start over. Trust me when I say that I hit the jackpot in the stepparent lottery. Come to think of it, TR didn't do too bad himself- runner up maybe.
Anyway, I'm excited about going out with them. No one took me out to celebrate my 21st with drunken revelry. But seeing as how I had a 12 day old baby, a ton of stitches (ouch), and a batch of painkillers strong enough to take down a baby hippo, I'm not sure drunken revelry would have been the best choice. Though some people love that pills and booze combo.... hmmm, nope not me- I'm spacey enough as it is. If I tried something like that I'd be licking the wallpaper (mmm, snozberries!) and dancing on the ceiling, or some such nonsense (think- multiple lampshades) followed by an intense round of vomiting (I throw up more than anyone I have ever met). Not my idea of a party.
So, here's to my Little Bro and his 21st- hope it's a night to remember (and no wallpaper licking!)!
No comments:
Post a Comment