Ever have trouble keeping a straight face when your child ends up in an unfortunate situation that's too hilarious for words? Yeah, me too.
Last night, after a long day of Munchkin acting like a hellion, we were sitting on the living room floor (we have very nice furniture, but for some reason we keep sitting on the floor) watching movies on the WE network. He brought out his bowl of Halloween candy and was sampling all the things he hadn't tried yet. I wasn't paying much attention to the candies he was eating until...
He hopped up off the floor and ran to the bathroom with his arms flailing and mouth open. He was spitting in the toilet and not answering my questions of, "what's the matter?" I look over to the spot where he had been sitting and noticed the open and half empty box of Atomic Fireballs. At this point he runs back in the room drooling and hopping up and down wanting a drink. I gave him my Sprite (mostly cause I felt guilty for laughing) and waited for him to cool his mouth.
He put half a box of those hot little wonders in his mouth at one time! When he was talking again he told me he wanted to throw them away cause they were, "too hot, they make your mouth burn!"
On another note, the movie we were watching was Amy Fisher: My Story. He kept asking me why she "fell in love" with so many different men. And why she shot that lady. How do you even began to explain something like that to a 4 year old? I didn't know any way to do so, so I distracted him with, "It's bedtime!" Worked like a charm.
No comments:
Post a Comment