I am on my own this weekend (TR is working in Michigan and Munchkin is with his dad) so I have to entertain myself- this is never a good idea.
So I'm searching around on Google and think to myself, "Gosh, I wonder if there are any sex offenders in my area?" Trust me when I tell you it's better to not find out the answer to this question. Especially if you have children.
I found the sex offender registration website for my state (if you live in Ohio and feel like you need a little creepiness in your life, the link is here) and looked up my county. In my town there are approx. 40 registered sex offenders. 40! Just in my town! In my school district? 101.
So naturally I looked at the address of each one, and photo (yes, they even have photos!) and wondered if I had ever seen any of them at the store or walking down the street.
In my horrified state of shock I searched the town and school districts of the rest of my family. Scary. I found out that a member of my family lives next door to a convicted rapist. Next door! This is scary. I'm pretty sure they don't know, and I don't know if I should tell them. Ignorance is bliss, right? I wish I didn't know now.
No comments:
Post a Comment