My son is an only child thus far. My husband and I have discussed having a second child, but have not made plans to do so yet. That being said, my son is a tad bit spoiled. (You did not hear this from me, as I think he's a perfect angel. Uh-huh.) This picture on the left is his bedroom, complete with mess. Notice the assorted toys and books as well as the TV/VCR and video game system (I highly recommend the VSmile!).
This photo on the right is our basement. That's right folks, it's a playroom. My husband put down the carpet, painted the wall with chalkboard paint (my idea, but I'm not allowed to paint- apparently I make a mess) and we put all the toys down there that wouldn't fit in Munchkin's bedroom. Yep, too many to fit in the bedroom. My son has these two large spaces full of toys to play with. Pretty cool, huh?Wanna guess what he spent two hours playing with this evening? Look below:
This is a Hot Wheels (not Matchbox, cause that would be wrong!) dump truck full of random crap he picked up off my living room floor. Apparently I need to vacuum. He drove it around the living room and ramped it off the pile of mail under a chair. Apparently I also need to file. It's a damn shame he has no toys to keep him busy. He has to play with garbage on the floor. Someone please get this kid a present! His mom obviously neglects him! And, she's a horrible housekeeper.
5 comments:
I ever find it amazing that as parents we feel the need to give our kids lots of stuff, and yet they always find the weirdest things interesting. My daughter, having lots of toys and dolls, when she was two, fell in love with a potato. That's right! an ordinary raw potato, she carried one around for 2 months (we kept changing it out for a fresh one when she wasn't looking). It was her baby, and she very lovingly looked after it.
neelloc- A potato? That's hilarious! My son has brought me worms, rocks, dead bugs, and even a dead bird once (you have no idea the scrubbing that went on after that incident!) sometimes I think he's trying to gross me out. Others I think he's part cat.
We have had many funerals for dead birds.
My biggest problem is that my kids are constantly after me for the next pet. So far we have 3 cats, 1 gerbil, and 10 fish. Next on the want list is a ferret, a bunnie, and a bird (my daughter) and an iguanna, a dwarf frog, and newts(my son). I keep telling them that there is no more room in the zoo, but then they give me the look. At 12 and 9, they are very good at the look.
I know the look all too well. Thing is, I get it from my husband too!
How hysterical! Good thing for the crap he found on the floor, or he'd not have a thing to play with. LOL!
Don't wait too long for the second because your son will be on to bigger and better while the baby is still with the smaller things. You will have double the neglect. Um, I means stuff. Mine are 22 months apart and although one is a boy and the other is WAY girl, they still play with the same junk.
Thanks for stopping bye, I always love new visitors. I'll be back to see you too.
:)
Post a Comment