Wednesday, August 23, 2006

10 things for 10 people...

So, I've seen this around on other blogs... at least I did a while back. I sat down and wrote it out on paper a few months ago. I didn't realize then just how painful it would end up being. But at the same time, it was a very therapeutic exercise. I cried a lot, and smiled too. When I was finished I didn't post it. It felt too real, and the feelings were too raw. I was worried about who I would upset with my words. Now... I've decided this is my space. If you don't like what I have to say, go elsewhere. These are my feelings and thoughts, I don't want or need your opinion. Chances are, none of these things are about YOU anyway.

So with that, I give you the 10 things I wish I could say to 10 people:


  1. Since the day you came into my life you have been the very center of my universe; my reason for living. Without your beautiful smiling face I would have given up so long ago.
  2. I know the enormity of what you personally deal with on an everyday basis is overwhelming. I understand that, really I do. But you aren't dying. Sometimes I just need you to be a friend- a regular one, not a sick one.
  3. I wish you hadn't bailed me out EVERY time I got in a bind. Now that you're not around I'm having trouble fixing things myself. I'm 26 years old and have to learn how to solve my own problems for the 1st time. It scares me.
  4. Why was I always worrying about you? Always. It should have been the other way around. Now you're not here any more and I have to worry about the mess you left behind. I wanted to hate you so many times- there are moments when I still do. But I love you and I miss you so much every day.
  5. I have always loved you like you were part of my family. You've made some personal choices that hurt me more than I could ever tell you. I had to shut myself off from you. Though those choices will always be there, not having you in my life wasn't working for me. I need you around to feel more like myself. You know me better than just about anyone- you've known my secrets, my fears, my shame, and my joy- and you still like me. And that will never cease to amaze me.
  6. You make my skin crawl. You aren't aware of the things I know about you. If you were you wouldn't dare be so damn smug and self- righteous all the time. It makes me want to punch you in your stupid head. I hope some girl finally gets the nerve to talk. Do you know what happens to people like you in prison? Nothing less than what you'd deserve.
  7. I would have given up so much to be with you, but you never gave me the chance. Like so many others in my life you pulled the out the self- righteous bullshit and ran away before I could leave you. What you never knew was that I wouldn't have left. I would have given up those dreams to stay with you. I still think of you sometimes and the "what might have beens..." and realize that I would have missed so much if you hadn't left me. So even though it hurt- thank you.
  8. I'm supposed to pretend you never happened to me. That I'm not affected (effected?) by what happened with you. I can't talk about you unless I'm being sardonic. and even then, only rarely. It's been so many years and in the middle of the night, when I'm still not asleep, thoughts of you (and they're never good) and the lack of closure from our situation plague me. You're fading. It took years before the everyday thoughts left. Someday soon I hope to set you out of my insomniatic mind completely and finally- FINALLY- be free of you.
  9. You are the only human being I have ever wanted to die. I have never had anything but hatred and loathing for you. You aren't clever. Some day soon every horrible thing you've done- every lie you've told- is gonna catch up with you. And on that day I'm gonna have a party. You have hurt EVERY person I care about and have destroyed my family. Every day I hope you step in front of a bus. Good luck weaseling your way out of that.
  10. This is to a group of people... similar, yet completely unique. I love each of you differently because you are so different. There's not a moment that goes by that I don't think about you- worry that you are alright. Each of you is so beautiful it boggles the mind. No matter what- or who (whom?), as the case may be- tries to get in the way, I will ALWAYS look for you. And I won't give up until I find you. I love you all.


AND, just cause I've been known to be a hateful bitch on occasion... I give you number 11:


11. Though you never would believe me when I told you over and over, I did cheat on you. You didn't think anyone else would want me, right? So wrong honey, so wrong. Not only did he want me, he wanted to marry me. I turned him down (I wasn't that in to him), but he made me feel good about me- which is something you never did. A word of advice, when you think someone is joking about something potentially serious- they probably aren't.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

regarding #6...maybe you should be the one to speak up...

hugs and love to you

peace...

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweeite, It's scary that I know each person you are talking about. I know I am not dying but you know what, I died a long time ago. Inside I am emotionally dead and am just waiting for my body to catch up. I really wish I could tell you everything that really goes on in my life not just my illness but more about my past and the things you don't know. My illness was the final nail in the coffin. I have fought so many battles and thought I had won, then this came along and it just killed me. I don't have the energy to be a good friend, I can't even be a friend to myself. I am so sorry-I know you have been thru hell and you are stil there- I will always love you as a great person with a huge heart, a tremedous capicty for survival and an incredibly sneaky sense of humor. I miss you and think about you all the time. If I can't get the support of my significant other than how do I ask for it from a friend?

Anonymous said...

Sweetie I am so sorry that you are in so much pain, i can tell from you post that you are in a bad way right now. God knows i hurt for you. I am not a good person to have in your life. You are a billion times stronger, smarter, definitely prettier :) then I'll be in a million years.
I know I am not dying physically but you know what? I am dead inside. I honest to God wish I could of told you some of the bad crap that was going on in my life, but you had so much going on there was no way I was going to put it out there for you to try and help me with. I know I know selfish, it was up to you whether you wanted to deal with it or not. I should have given you that choice. I knew when I told Barb that info that I was in a really bad place. I was so ashamed that I knew I had to just go away. Every day I wake up and just pray that this will be the day when I can feel happy again, that I can feel alive, that I can be human. But you know what it never ever happens. I have tried evey medicine known and it doesn't help. Therapy doesn't help, nothing helps. I don't know what to do. I have run out of things to try. So I just hide in my house all day. I think I got you knack for seeing things that aren't there. I have been seeing a small black dog running around my house that doesn't exist. hmmm.
I hear a radio playing all the time that I can't find, I hear stuff alll night long so I sleep on the couch. I am a pathetic mess and don't know how to fix it.
I love you dearly and I will try really hard to get better and be the kind of friend that you need. Just let me figure out how to do that first.