Monday, January 01, 2007

A less than brief hiatus...

There were so many things I meant to blog about but life sorta got in the way. It's been a whole month...

I'm not going to catch up in one post. I don't have the patience for that- or the dedication. I will start out my return by wishing everyone a Happy New Year and I hope you all had a good holiday season!

I'm also gonna share the reason that started my little mini-break:

My Munchkin got very sick back in December. It started out with a trip to Urgent Care on a Sunday and quickly worsened into an overnight hospital stay by Tuesday. We went home Wednesday evening only to be back in the emergency room Thursday morning.


The Reader's Digest version is that he caught a virus (they thought at first it was pneumonia) that aggravated his asthma horribly. The asthma set off a coughing fit that lasted 16+ hours and had him unable to talk and gasping for air. After being on oxygen all night, 25+ breathing treatments, and two rounds of steroids he was feeling much better by the following Sunday. He missed an entire week of school.

Needless to say, I got very little sleep and was not home much that week. Obviously blogging was not on mind. By the time we got that cleared up, it was onto other things that took up all my time and energy.


This photo still breaks my heart, even though I know things are much better now.

No comments: