So I have a dilemma...
The story:
Once I had a best friend. She was the person I confided in. I talked to her about everything. We helped each other through some pretty rough times. We talked on the phone nearly every day. It was nice to have a good friend I could count on.
One day, this friend betrayed a very important confidence. I was incredibly hurt and called her out on it. She apologized profusely and I forgave her, but let her know that I no longer felt I could trust her. She said she understood.
From that day on, she stopped answering my calls. She stopped calling and emailing. She just stopped.
I was incredibly hurt. And angry. But mostly hurt.
When my daughter was born, I sent my former friend an announcement. She emailed her congratulations. I thanked her and let it go at that.
Since then we have exchanged the occasional superficial email. She asked about the baby, and wondered if she could see pictures. I sent her some.
Now after two months of no contact, she's requested photos again.
My dilemma is this: Why, if she has no interest in being my friend, does she want pics of my baby? Why should I send them?
I think that if I'm not "good" enough to be her friend, for whatever reason, then there is no reason she needs photos of my kids. Maybe I'm just being petty, but I don't think so.
Thoughts?
2 comments:
Hmm... invite her over instead? If she's not willing to go the extra mile, then you know where you stand.
But what do I know. :-P
A good idea, but she wasn't "able" to come over when we were still friend- I always had to go to her.
She has a disease that requires meds that can make driving difficult.
That said, I think I went several extra miles trying to keep the friendship together way back when it ended.
I know where I stand, and unfortunetly for her, it's too far from my email to send photos.
Post a Comment