Monday, October 13, 2008

WoW withdrawal leads to overwhelming craftiness...

So the husband and I decided to take a break from World of Warcraft. Our planned hiatus is supposed to last from the beginning of September to the launch of the expansion in mid-November. We're a little over a month into this and things are getting strange around here...

  • With very few exceptions we are getting to bed before midnight. Sometimes before 11pm!
  • Munchkin doesn't get away with anything! He is not happy that we are able to notice everything he does. This makes for fewer messes.
  • Speaking of fewer messes, with the exception of a few weekend days people can actually drop by our house on very short notice and enter without a hazmat suit.
  • If asked I can now, without hesitation, tell you when the last time I did laundry was. Yesterday morning in case you were wondering.
  • And lastly, I have had an overrunning of crafty ideas in my brain. This has led to several projects, most of which are not yet finished.

I really ought to make a list of all the things I want to do or make cause they are all jumbled around in there.

  1. Filling and hanging all the empty frames that are piled under my craft desk. This project has to photos in the bathrooms, as I am running out of walls to put things on. It also caused my number two project...
  2. Dress the kids in pretty (and coordinating) clothes, throw them in a big field, and take hundreds of pictures of them (in hopes of getting a couple that are good) to put into shadowbox type frame (that needs to be painted black) with pretty scrapbook flowers and paper.
  3. Since my kitchen is full of cow figurines and cow theme tins I want to cut the black cow spots out of my cow-print contact paper (that is left over from lining drawers and cabinets at our old apartment) and apply them willy-nilly on the 8inch section of wall above my kitchen cabinets.
  4. I have started scrapbooking for the 1st time since before I was pregnant with my now 18 month old baby.
  5. Making my own Christmas cards using adorable mini ornaments I found at Walmart.
  6. Making mini albums for all the moms and grandmas that I need Christmas presents for.
  7. Making the Princess a ladybug costume for Halloween.
  8. Add Blue bells to my all silver bell Christmas wreath.
  9. Borrow all our childhood pictures from our parents (my inlaws and my dad since I got all my mom's photos when she died) and scan them all into the computer so we can have copies of them too.
I'm sure there are others in there but they're bogged down under all that mess.

We did the pretty kids in a field thing on Saturday evening. When I get done rambling I'll share some of the unedited photos. The downstairs bathroom got 4 frames on Saturday.

Sunday we took the kids to the pumpkin farm. They loved it. Many cute photos came from that excursion too. The hay ride was a big hit!

Okay, my lunch is ready so here's some new cuteness (click 'em to make 'em bigger):







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures alone are well worth the WoW withdraws. Hooray!

Being unemployed has led to the biggest jump in productivity in my life! Maybe I'll send you some pictures when I get a few more things done.

Kat said...

Sounds great!! =)