Also, we're having an "inspection" next week so I'm in hyper-clean mode. Okay maybe not, but I should be. We aren't dirty, we just seem to create a lot of clutter. Fire hazard levels of clutter. The rental office powers that be frown on having to climb over 10 pairs of shoes and a basket of (clean!) laundry to get in the door and then trek thru mail that needs filing from the last several (read: nine) months just to check the furnace filter.
But I'm avoiding the cleaning part so back to my list. Here's where we are:
- Filling and hanging all the empty frames that are piled under my craft desk. This project has to photos in the bathrooms, as I am running out of walls to put things on. It also caused my number two project... I have an empty frame hanging in my upstairs bathroom and two small frames left under the desk that need a surface to sit on. Otherwise this is actually done!
- Dress the kids in pretty (and coordinating) clothes, throw them in a big field, and take hundreds of pictures of them (in hopes of getting a couple that are good) to put into shadowbox type frame (that needs to be painted black) with pretty scrapbook flowers and paper. The photos are done (obviously) and I got the paint for the frame. That's the only progress so far here.
- Since my kitchen is full of cow figurines and cow theme tins I want to cut the black cow spots out of my cow-print contact paper (that is left over from lining drawers and cabinets at our old apartment) and apply them willy-nilly on the 8inch section of wall above my kitchen cabinets. This is actually going to take a lot longer than I thought. I've done about two feet of the 20 ft I need to do. The husband seems to be less than impressed by this project.
- I have started scrapbooking for the 1st time since before I was pregnant with my now 18 month old baby. With all these other projects that have a set deadline (Halloween, Christmas) I've only actually done two pages.
- Making my own Christmas cards using adorable mini ornaments I found at Walmart. Ha! Ha Ha ha!
- Making mini albums for all the moms and grandmas that I need Christmas presents for. Have you ever seen some one snort and have milk come out their nose? Imagine that sound minus the yucky milk part. Insert that here.
- Making the Princess a ladybug costume for Halloween. Started this and have red dress roughed together. It fits, so I'll finish sewing it together tonight hopefully. I started on the wings but ran out of wire, so I have to make a run to Walmart before I can finish them. I soo need a sewing machine.
- Add Blue bells to my all silver bell Christmas wreath. This is done and looks pretty. I'll take photos when I figure out where my camera's memory card went.
- Borrow all our childhood pictures from our parents (my inlaws and my dad since I got all my mom's photos when she died) and scan them all into the computer so we can have copies of them too. We got photos from my mother in law. I haven't talked to my dad since I came up with this idea.
So some progress, but not as much as I would like. I guess I better get back at it. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment