We came home from the store today (Yeah Sam's Club!) to the scene at right. A political flyer urging us to vote for so-and-so because they are so wonderful and have everyone's best interest at heart. The usual campaigning bullshit. Now I seldom comment on political matters and typically don't care who is in charge of things- basically it doesn't matter who you vote for they're just gonna fuck it up anyway so why bother? I am not nor have I ever been (nor do I ever intend to be) a registered voter. I just don't care.
Since I don't often (read: never) voice an opinion other than annoyance at the ridiculous signs all over the place this time of year, I feel that my son will be able to make his own decisions about these things (and the God issue- but that's another day, another post) when he's old enough to do so.
So, when we got to the door, Munchkin pulls out the flyer and looks up at TR and I. He gets that incredulous look that only a 4 year old can pull off and says,
"What kind of idiot would stick this in our door like that?"
I guess he's figuring it out sooner than I expected.
No comments:
Post a Comment