I know I've been lax on the posting lately, but I have been really sick the past few days. Sorry. I'm feeling a little better now so hopefully things will be back to normal soon.
Monday night TR, Junior, and I took Munchkin and Little Bit trick-or-treating. It was a good time and the weather was very cooperative. Munchkin went as a Power Ranger (the red one! Duh!), Little Bit was Dorothy (complete with sparkling shoes), and Junior was her usual charming self (luv ya sis!).
We actually made it through an hour and a half (with two shoes changes and a partial strip down in the street) of trick-or treating this year. Last year it only lasted about 40 minutes before we were tired and needed to be carried. I guess the kid figured out that if he has to share the candy with the parents he better get as much as he can.
As we walked down the street in the dark, the kids approached each house that had it's porch light on- pretty routine, right? NO. They went up the sidewalk to one house and the front door opened before they got there. Three kids no older than six or seven (the youngest was about 4) coming rushing out on the porch yelling, "Our mom's not here yet, she went to pick up someone else and hasn't come home so we don't have any candy!"
That's right folks, 3 little kids yelling out into the dark that they are home alone! And for that matter, probably going to be home alone for awhile.
That's quality parenting for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment